Safe and secure – our Online & Mobile Banking service
To protect your data and wealth, Credit Suisse ensures its systems, software, and networks are constantly updated in line with the latest (security) standards. Indeed this has now been confirmed by independent experts.
In a July 2019 study on security, data protection and compliance, Immuniweb® (provider/operator of artificial intelligence for application security) reviewed the security status of websites and mobile applications at the world's 100 largest financial institutions. Credit Suisse was the only Swiss bank to be awarded an "A+" rating for SSL encryption*, website, and mobile security.
*SSL stands for "Secure Sockets Layer." This is a protocol enabling users to transfer data across the internet using an encrypted connection.
Important security factor:
Credit Suisse gives top priority to security in Online & Mobile
Banking. It is also important for you to be alert. Stay secure by following these points:
- Never disclose your personal login credentials like user ID, password or the SecureSign letter. Credit Suisse will never ask you to disclose your personal information via email, text message, telephone or upload functionality.
- Ignore unexpected emails and don’t click on links and attachments. If you receive such an email, please delete it immediately.
- Start your Online Banking always with credit-suisse.com and check the website certificate (Lock symbol next to the web address).
- Use a secure password and avoid using the same password for multiple logins.
- Always use up-to-date software and install an antivirus application.
- Don’t install additional applications from unknown websites. On your smartphone you only need the SecureSign and Online Banking app from the official App Store and Play Store.
If you receive suspicious emails, telephone calls or updates contact the Online Banking Help-Line or your Relationship Manager immediately.
Highest security standards with SecureSign
With Online & Mobile Banking from Credit Suisse, you'll benefit from SecureSign – a state-of-the-art, easy-to-use security procedure. When you log in or make an individual payment, you will be shown an image that only you can scan. The SecureSign app is used to scan and decrypt the image.
How we ensure security for you
Credit Suisse uses state-of-the-art systems to ensure your security during an online banking session. These include:
- Secure login through our SecureSign solution
- Strong encryption of data
- Automated transaction monitoring and transaction signing, enabling you to explicitly confirm certain payments
To reduce the risk of unauthorized access and unauthorized payments by cyber criminals, specific features of the type and content of your entries are recorded and processed. These data are collected and processed exclusively for this purpose and are not accessible to third parties.
Find other helpful security information
Swiss Internet Security Alliance (SISA) helps make you aware of malware infections so that they can be removed from your computer.