Investment Banking in India Stock Broking Services
Credit Suisse Securities (India) Private Limited (“CS Securities – India” / “CSSIPL”) is a private limited company incorporated under the provisions of the Indian Companies Act, 1956, having its registered office at 9th Floor, Ceejay House, Plot F, Shivsagar Estate, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai - 400 018, India and is registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as a stock broker of the National Stock Exchange Limited and Bombay Stock Exchange Limited in the Capital Market Segment and Futures and Options Segment with SEBI registration number INZ000248233.
Details of Compliance Officer
Direct line : +91 22 6777 3745 Fax :+91 6777 3710
Investor Grievance email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Grievance Escalation Matrix (PDF)
Investor Complaint Statistics
"Prevent unauthorised transactions in your account --> Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day.
Please remain cautious and do not trade on the basis of unsolicited email, SMS, etc., advising investor to buy, sell or hold securities. Take an informed decision before investing.
Please share your knowledge or evidence of systemic wrongdoing, potential frauds or unethical behavior through anonymous portal facility provided on the exchange websites."
Issued in the interest of Investors
- Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
- Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
- Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
- Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference as below and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard;
- Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
- The stock exchanges (NSE & BSE) have issued circulars to encourage retail investors to participate in voting on motion. This is in reiteration of SEBI circular dated December 09, 2020, issued regarding e-Voting Facility provided by the listed entities on the stock exchanges. In view of the aforementioned circular, for accessing the e-voting pages of various e- voting service providers (ESPs), shareholders were given the option to register directly with the depository or access the various ESP portals from their demat accounts.
- To further encourage retail investors and to make the process of participating in e-Voting easier for them, we provide the following links for your reference & use.
Segregation and Monitoring of Collateral at Client Level
As part of the framework for 'Segregation and Monitoring of Collateral at client level' notified vide SEBI circular dated July 20, 2021 and with a view to provide clients visibility of client level collateral, Clearing Corporations ('CC') have provided a web portal facility to enable clients to view/verify/validate details of collateral reported by their respective stock broker.
In order to avail the benefit of the above facility, you can register on CC's web portal to view and verify the collateral reported by CSSIPL on your behalf. Please refer to the below link with procedure to register and view details of collateral reported.
Please note that the collateral details reported by CSSIPL would be available for viewing on the portal post IST 5:00 PM on next working day. You can view the collateral details reported for the previous five days only.
Trading in Right Entitlements:
The purchase of Rights Entitlements (‘RE’) only gives the client the right to participate in the ongoing Rights Issue (‘Issue’) of the concerned company by making an application with requisite application money or renounce the REs before the issue closes. REs which are neither subscribed by making an application with requisite application money nor renounced, on or before the Issue closing date shall lapse and shall be extinguished after the Issue closing date. For more details please refer to FAQs on Rights Entitlement Trading.
Advisory to Investors:
- Beware of fixed/guaranteed/regular returns/ capital protection schemes. Brokers or their authorized persons or any of their associates are not authorized to offer fixed/guaranteed/regular returns/ capital protection on your investment or authorized to enter into any loan agreement with you to pay interest on the funds offered by you. Please note that in case of default of a member claim for funds or securities given to the broker under any arrangement/ agreement of indicative return will not be accepted by the relevant Committee of the Exchange as per the approved norms.
- Do not keep funds idle with the Stock Broker. Please note that your stock broker has to return the credit balance lying with them, within three working days in case you have not done any transaction within last 30 calendar days. Please note that in case of default of a Member, claim for funds and securities, without any transaction on the exchange will not be accepted by the relevant Committee of the Exchange as per the approved norms.
- Check the frequency of accounts settlement opted for. If you have opted for running account, please ensure that your broker settles your account and, in any case, not later than once in 90 days (or 30 days if you have opted for 30 days settlement). In case of declaration of trading member as defaulter, the claims of clients against such defaulter member would be subject to norms for eligibility of claims for compensation from IPF to the clients of the defaulter member. These norms are available on Exchange websites at following links: https://www.nseindia.com/invest/about-defaulter-section and https://www.bseindia.com/static/investors/Claim_against_Defaulter.aspx
- Brokers are not permitted to accept transfer of securities as margin. Securities offered as margin / collateral MUST remain in the account of the client and can be pledged to the broker only by way of ‘margin pledge’, created in the Depository system. Clients are not permitted to place any securities with the broker or associate of the broker or authorized person of the broker for any reason. Broker can take securities belonging to clients only for settlement of securities sold by the client.
- Always keep your contact details viz. Mobile number/Email ID updated with the stock broker. Email and mobile number is mandatory and you must provide the same to your broker for updation in Exchange records. You must immediately take up the matter with Stock Broker/Exchange if you are not receiving the messages from Exchange/Depositories regularly.
- Don't ignore any emails/SMSs received from the Exchange for trades done by you. Verify the same with the Contract notes/Statement of accounts received from your broker and report discrepancy, if any, to your broker in writing immediately and if the Stock Broker does not respond, please take this up with the Exchange/Depositories forthwith.
- Check messages sent by Exchanges on a weekly basis regarding funds and securities balances reported by the trading member, compare it with the weekly statement of account sent by broker and immediately raise a concern to the exchange if you notice a discrepancy.
- Please do not transfer funds, for the purposes of trading to anyone, including an authorized person or an associate of the broker, other than a SEBI registered Stock broker.