Careers Technology Careers at Credit Suisse: Innovate with Us
Technology Careers at Credit Suisse: Innovate with Us
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals.
Our Technology team:
- Is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe
- Provides applications that are robust, reliable and secure, and continuously adapts them to meet the evolving needs of clients
- Handles big challenges and invents new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business
- Builds core platforms that are essential for the whole banking industry; for example, our new Financial Messaging Platform transmits 5 million internal and external messages per day, with a transaction value of 5.7 trillion dollars.
Committed to Innovation
In the digital age, our clients expect us to deliver banking services in innovative ways. Our Technology teams play a vital role in designing and building the tools and systems that respond to clients' changing needs. What does that look like? Here are two recent examples:
Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients’ needs. Our 9,500 team members come from 163 different nations — and counting. We invite you to read some of their stories.
Credit Suisse has a strong partnership culture that rewards excellence, entrepreneurialism and teamwork. We also have a non-hierarchical culture where your viewpoint is respected, you have ready access to senior management, and you can introduce ideas, processes and changes that can make a long-term impact. We aim to provide an environment where our employees can grow and thrive.
Credit Suisse today employs people from 163 different nations. We are proud to offer an inclusive workplace, where we treat all employees with respect, without regard to ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability, or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law. We strive to be a leader in diversity and inclusion practices, and aspire to reflect the societies in which we do business.
Our commitment to global diversity includes:
- A full-time Global Diversity team, supported by regional diversity councils
- Partnerships with a range of non-profit and philanthropic organizations serving diverse communities
- Dedicated diversity recruitment and mentoring programs
We have over 40 employee networks that bring together colleagues who share similar interests or issues, and serve as platforms to exchange knowledge and ideas with our entire organization. They are run by employees and enjoy strong management support. All employees of the bank are invited to participate in any of the groups.
Mentoring and sponsorship are two other important ways we are creating a more diverse leadership and enabling our people to reach their full potential. A mentor offers advice and feedback and helps an individual navigate the bank and understand our culture. A sponsor is an active advocate for a protégé, with the goal of opening up new career opportunities and connecting the protégé to key decision-makers within the firm.
We offer both mentoring and sponsorship programs. Credit Suisse currently runs 27 formal mentoring programs around the globe for men and women. We also offer master classes that teach our best managers how to be effective sponsors.
Credit Suisse is committed to increasing the number of women and multi-cultural employees in our management ranks. We offer specialized programs aimed at retaining and developing talented female and multi-cultural professionals at every level of the firm.
Our flagship Mentoring Advisory Group (MAG) has existed since 2011, and has trained high potential women and multi-cultural employees to take on additional leadership challenges across the firm.
Many of our team members tell us they want to make a difference in their communities and help with social issues. We couldn’t agree more. At the global level, the bank supports education, microfinance, sustainability and disaster relief organizations. We are also strong supporters of employee volunteering. We offer:
- One full day of paid time off for community service
- Partnerships with more than 300 nonprofits worldwide
- Our Global Citizens Program, which enables employees to take up to three months off to work on a volunteer project in a developing country
- Internal programs to promote and develop new products in renewable energy, clean water technologies, sustainable agriculture and sustainable real estate