EMEA Investment Banking
Credit Suisse started offering financial services to corporate, institutional, governmental and private clients in Moscow in 1991.
Recognizing the changing economic landscape of Russia and CIS we subsequently established offices in Almaty, Kiev and St. Petersburg. The integrated banking model that is core to our strategy in these markets, encompassing private banking, investment banking and asset management, helps us to serve our clients seamlessly across the Bank, regardless of divisional boundaries.
Financial Products and Services Offered
- US$1.27 billion sale of controlling stakes in Comstar-UTS to MTS
- US$2.5 billion acquisition of controlling stake in Bashkir Oil and Energy Group
- US$2.4 billion acquisition and back-to-back sale of certain assets of IPSCO from SSAB
- US$13.83 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Norilsk Nickel
- Joint global coordinator in Initial Public Offering (IPO) of US$2.24 billion for Rusal
- Joint bookrunner in capital increase of US$8.8 billion for Sberbank
- Joint bookrunner in US$2 billion and US$3.5 billion Reg S/144A offerings for Russian Federation
To enhance our local #1*Equities offering, in 2010 we launched Credit Suisse Securities Moscow which is committed to establishing strategic client partnerships and providing comprehensive, quality investment services to our corporate and institutional clients in Russia and the CIS.
Moreover Credit Suisse continues to offer structuring solutions to our local clients, e.g. interest rate and foreign exchange derivatives, credit linked structures. The Bank is a leader in innovative structured products, credits and restructuring solutions, including customized solutions addressing the specific needs of our clients in Russia and the CIS.
* Markit Group Limited
Our leading position, both globally and in Russia, has been recognized through a number of awards including:
- Best Global Bank (Euromoney 2010)
- Best Emerging Markets Investment Bank (Euromoney 2010)
- Most Innovative Investment Bank (The Banker 2010)
- Best Emerging Markets M&A House (Euromoney 2009)
- Best Investment Bank in Russia (Global Finance 2009)