Preparation Insurance


What social insurance coverage is required and what other insurance is recommended?

Social security

Independent activity (owner of a sole proprietorship or general partnership)

Dependent activity (all employees, including holders of a GmbH or AG)
AHV/IV/EO Mandatory Mandatory
Family allowance Mandatory Mandatory
Cannot be concluded Mandatory

Pension fund (2nd pillar)

Optional Mandatory from a defined annual income
Occupational accident (UVG) Optional Mandatory
accident (NBU)
Optional Mandatory from 8 hours per week

Property Insurance

Property insurance protects you in case of damage. The insurance pays for material loss, loss of income and clearance, disposal and any additional costs.

Defense Insurance

Defense insurance protects you in case of a conflict with your landlord, if your insurance does not pay as contractually agreed or the opposing party in an accident denies any claims. This insurance provides broad protection and can be adjusted to the risks of your firm.

Product Liability

Product liability takes over any justified claims against your firm and fends off those that are unjustified. There are four different risks to be distinguished:

  • Property risks: As owner of estates, buildings and construction sites you are liable for everything that happens on your property.
  • Operational and occupational risks: As contractor you are liable for your own activities and those of your employees.
  • Product risks: As producer you are liable for your product, from the assembly to the point of the consumer’s use.
  • Environmental risks: As proprietor of a business you are liable for any damages to the environment caused by your establishment.

Motor Vehicle Insurance

This insurance covers damages caused by company vehicles.

Per Diem Sickness Indemnity

This is a common type of insurance that pays for any employees that are on sick leave. Due to the Swiss Code of Obligations, the employer is obliged to pay his employees between three and six weeks of their salary in case of illness. Therefore, this insurance can be of great financial assistance.

Professional Indemnity

The professional indemnity backs you up if your customer incurs a loss due to a consultation with you or one of your employees.

Courtesy of STARTUPS.CH – our partner for starting up your business

Do you have questions?

Contact us via our contact form or call us at 0800 88 88 70*