Solutions and Capabilities Commodities
Credit Suisse Asset Management is one of the largest commodities index managers. We offer enhanced and actively managed indexed commodity portfolios.
Commodities have historically helped investors to manage unexpected inflation risk. In addition, they are a source of diversification, generating returns that tend to be uncorrelated with either stocks or bonds. Overall, they have the potential to enhance risk-adjusted returns when included in an overall balanced portfolio.
Our New York City-based Commodities team uses quantitative and qualitative techniques to deliver efficient, cost-effective access to commodities. We offer enhanced and actively managed indexed commodity portfolios, all backed by conservatively managed collateral portfolios.
Since 1994, our team strived to generate a strong track record of positive relative returns using a consistent, risk-managed approach.
Broad product range
Our broad range of investment solutions is tailored to specific investors’ needs and available in different vehicles.
Potential risks of investing in commodities:
- Speculative nature of commodities investments. Investing in commodities is speculative and involves a high degree of risk. There is no assurance that technical and risk management techniques, as well as the investment decisions made by the investment manager, will not expose investors to risk of significant losses.
- Market-driven risk could negatively affect the value of a particular investment.
- Credit risk may occur if a counterparty defaults or is unable to honor a financial obligation.
- Commodity-linked derivatives may be subject to greater volatility than traditional securities.
- Historical performance indications and financial market scenarios are not reliable indicators of current or future performance.