Technology Careers at Credit Suisse Technology at Credit Suisse: Delivering banking services in innovative ways
Technology at Credit Suisse: Delivering banking services in innovative ways
Technology continues to transform the financial services industry. Our clients expect us to deliver banking services in innovative ways, and to provide digital channels to help them communicate, execute trades, and purchase financial products. Banks today require fast, secure, innovative technology, along with robust foundational systems that can handle traditional banking tasks efficiently.
To keep pace with our clients, we continue to make major investments in technology, including a $3 billion annual technology budget and a team of over 9,500 IT employees. That’s nearly a quarter of our global workforce, and more employees than you’ll find at many of the world’s best-known tech companies.
The Technology Team at Credit Suisse—Businesses We Support
Our Technology teams work on products and services that enable engineered performance, information analysis, data management and transaction processing. We support the below business areas:
- Swiss Universal Bank – Drives new business opportunities and addresses client needs for Swiss domiciled private clients (retail, wealth management), corporate and institutional clients
- Asia Pacific – Drives growth in Asia Pacific, through a focus on entrepreneurs, and through offering integrated private banking and investment banking services to High Net Worth, corporate, and institutional clients
- International Wealth Management – Serves non-Swiss and non-Asia Pacific domiciled, High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth clients, family offices, and institutional clients. The team also manages our Global Asset Management business
- Global Markets – Combines our strong Fixed Income and Equities sales and trading capabilities in the United States and Europe to create a high performing, transparent, and fully integrated markets franchise for our clients
- Investment Banking and Capital Markets – Combines our investment banking capabilities in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Western Europe (excluding Switzerland). IBCM will offer advisory and underwriting products and services to our clients.
- Shared Services – Includes the functions that enable our front offices businesses to run successfully: Finance, Operations, Risk Management General Counsel, Branding, Communications and Human Resources.
Best in Class Innovation: Technology Products and Services
Each business area delivers state-of-the-art programs, systems and support to our clients and employees. These range from rapid trading programs for clients to improvements in the bank’s overall efficiency to global, standardized infrastructure technology.
Join us, and you could find yourself working on cutting edge technology, supporting innovation and services like these:
Algorithmic Trading - Advanced Execution Services (AES) is a ground-breaking electronic system for trading securities using mathematical models. Currently serving clients in 40 countries, AES uses algorithms to determine the best time to place a trade, the best price, and the number of securities to be traded – all without human intervention. Our technology team engineered AES to ensure:
- Confidentiality: Safe and anonymous client order flows
- Liquidity: Access to more than 75 exchanges and liquidity pools globally
- Reliability: Desks and development teams in New York, London, Tokyo, and Hong Kong provide round-the-clock coverage
- Simplicity: Intuitive order entry process, fully integrated into more than 75 existing order management systems
As technology evolves, our clients are increasingly dependent on real-time mobile banking. Digital Private Banking (DPB) gives internet savvy clients the multi-channel investment experience they want, enabling them to take Credit Suisse’s powerful financial tools with them wherever they go.
With DPB, clients can manage their portfolios, access market research and analytics, and connect with the Credit Suisse team from any device – 24 hours a day – without compromising quality or security. DPB also serves as a social network, enabling clients to communicate with each other, to share ideas and even rate investments.
Our advanced client portal for Credit Suisse research, analytics, trading and reporting to help you make better decisions faster. With access to over 500,000 cross-asset publications and commentary delivering insights from Credit Suisse global research and strategy teams. It has top trade ideas and live market monitors alongside analytics, tools and models.
As a global bank, we manage vast amounts of trading and market data, which offer new opportunities to improve our product platform for our broad base of discerning clients. DAST is a company-wide effort to harness Big Data, with standard technologies, platforms, and analytical capabilities. Our data scientists provide thought leadership, product engineering, delivery, and implementation services.
The FinTech Innovation Lab is a highly competitive program for early stage companies that are developing products for financial services. As a participating bank, Credit Suisse helps choose the participants and mentors up to three FinTech finalist companies each year, giving us an early lead on innovative new products.
Our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative enables our employees to use their own technology to work remotely, and supports our aim to give employees the option to work flexibly – from their home, while on the road, and from different office locations. BYOD is helping us become more agile as a business, more transparent than ever before, and better able to meet the needs of our clients and our employees.
"Smart Working" is a program which focuses on how best to use policies, technology and space to best address changing work patterns, workplace preferences and the increased flexibility afforded by enabling technology. This program examines best practices in other industries, competitor benchmarking and common practices already existing in Credit Suisse.
The goal of Smart Working is to better support how our people need and would like to work, while also ensuring the business delivers results and is run in a cost efficient manner. We feel it is important to offer modern ways of working to our current and future employees in their work environment.