You are here:
Corporate Investment Banking
Having maintained a continuous presence in Canada since 1951, Credit Suisse has become one of Canada's leading underwriters and advisors, with a broad list of clients representing both large and small companies across a wide variety of industries.
The international Credit Suisse platform brings global expertise to the Canadian market: we assist Canadian companies in expanding their horizons and reaching their strategic goals, while also assisting foreign companies that wish to access Canadian markets.
We provide expertise in debt and equity underwriting, private placement, financial advisory activities such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs and restructurings as well as a full complement of financing activities such as project and acquisition finance and syndication.
Credit Suisse possesses superior cross-border distribution expertise, and our Canadian equity franchise is a leader among the international investment banks.
Leading global equity and fixed-income sales and trading teams further support our Canadian investment banking efforts.
Some landmark transactions in which we have participated include:
- Advisor to CVRD on its C$21.7 billion acquisition of Inco
- Advisor to Abitibi Consolidated on its US $8.3 billion merger of equals with Bowater Inc.
- Sole Advisor to EnCana on its oil sands joint venture with ConocoPhillips
- Advisor to Onex on its US $2.55 billion acquisition of Kodak Health Group
- Joint Bookrunner on Nortel Network's US $1.7 billion concurrent common equity and equity units offering
- Joint Bookrunner on the C$800 million and C$350 million private placements of common equity for MEG Energy
- Advisor to BCE on the sale of its US $743 million interest in CGI
- Joint Bookrunner on the US $222 million IPO of North American Energy Partners
- Joint Bookrunner on the US $1.0 billion Senior Secured Notes offering for OPTI Canada
- Joint Bookrunner on the US $750 million term loan financing for MEG Energy
- Joint Bookrunner on the US $525 million Senior Notes offering for Quebecor Media
- Joint Bookrunner on the US $300 million Senior Unsecured Notes and US $150 million tack-on Senior Unsecured Notes for Compton Petroleum Corp.