FAQ FAQ Mobile Banking
FAQ Mobile Banking
We make it a priority to provide the highest level of security for the development and use of all technologies and end user devices.
Data transfer is protected by standard, current encryption methods. In addition, you can verify the server certificate during the login process (lock icon in the navigation bar). Once you have successfully logged in, the lock icon in the navigation bar shows you that you are in a secure environment.
No, your personal access data and/or bank data (when you are logged on) can be neither saved nor viewed.
Before users can download any official app, they must register in the app store, which includes providing their address. As a result, Apple Inc. or Google Inc. will know when someone downloads the Credit Suisse Private Banking Switzerland app. This may enable them to infer the existence of a current, past, or potential business relationship between the user and a Credit Suisse Group AG company.
No, Credit Suisse does not create movement profiles. Your device’s location service is only used to show you nearby Credit Suisse locations.
If the message is displayed for too short a time, you can switch to messages during login (by leaving the Private Banking Switzerland app), and call up the SMS code again.
The Private Banking Switzerland app remains active in the background for three minutes, and the login procedure can be continued during this time by calling up the Private Banking Switzerland app again.
- Download the app from the App Store (for iPhone/iPad) or the Google Play Store (for Android smartphones/tablets)
- Log in using the same security features as for Online Banking (user ID, password, and third security element)
While logging in, if you receive a message saying the desired service is not activated, please contact our help desk (in the app under "More" → "Contacts & Support"), or fill out this order form.
Please log on to Online Banking for the first time, and complete any final registration necessary. Only then will you be able to use your login data for the Private Banking Switzerland app.
The Private Banking Switzerland app stores this data in a secure area. So we suggest that you use PIN protection to secure the app. This makes it impossible for someone to open the app and use your user ID unless they know your PIN code. PIN protection is essential if you would like to save your user ID and password (only possible on iPhone/iPad). With Touch ID, you can easily use your fingerprint to log in securely once you have saved your login credentials on your device.
Please call our support team immediately to block your login credentials and to discuss what to do next. Be sure to report the loss of your smartphone to your mobile phone provider as well so that the SIM card can be blocked.
Please call our support team immediately to block your login credentials and to discuss what to do next.
You can enter an incorrect PIN multiple times. Once it has been entered ten times, the stored data will be deleted, and the app will reset. You can also delete the app and download it from the store again.
- iPhone 4s and higher with iOS 8.x and higher
- iPad 2 and higher with iOS 8.x and higher
- Android smartphones/tablets with OS 4.1 and higher
The Private Banking Switzerland app is available exclusively for iPhone/iPad (iOS) and devices with the Android operating system.
For legal reasons, we cannot offer the Private Banking Switzerland app through app stores in every country. Please note that any credit card information or addresses stored in the Google Play Store are used to select the store for your country. If you have any problems or questions, please contact our help desk.
For reasons of security, we are distributing the Private Banking Switzerland app only through the official channels of Apple and Google. That is why the app can be downloaded only from the respective app store.
Note: It is important that only an original device purchased from an official dealer be used, and that no apps have been downloaded from untrustworthy sources.
Continually updated security guidelines can be found at: credit-suisse.com/security
As with Online Banking, clients must also make efforts to ensure the highest possible level of security. This includes:
- Only using means of identification in the Private Banking Switzerland app
- Only using the app with an original device
- Continually keeping the operating system up to date
- Using only the latest version of the Private Banking Switzer-land app
- Exercising caution when entering and/or registering mobile phone numbers anywhere on the internet (phishing pages)
- Looking out for the secure connection symbol in the app during or after login
- Using the automatic block function on your device
- Always handling identification data such as user ID, pass-word, SMS code, etc. with care
- Never clicking on links in emails that ask you to provide confidential data (e.g. user ID, SMS code) (Credit Suisse will not request means of identification electronically)
- Being careful when opening SMS and MMS messages from unknown senders. Both types of message may contain harmful programs (e.g. Trojan horses) that can integrate themselves into your mobile phone.
- Regularly checking the movements in your account and safekeeping account. If you are uncertain about anything, you must contact one of the Online & Mobile Banking support offices immediately.
The payment function in the Private Banking Switzerland app lets you make the following types of payments:
- Scan orange payment slips
- View and approve electronic bills
- Send and receive QR payments
- Issue all standard types of payment orders, both foreign and domestic
- Make account transfers
- Approve single payments
- Hold the encoding line, which is located right at the bottom of the orange payment slip, in the scanning area of the Private Banking Switzerland app
- Hold the device as steadily and as level as possible until the encoding line is automatically detected
- Do not touch the display or press any buttons while the scan is in progress. The scanning process ends automatically as soon as the reference number has been successfully recognized.
- Good lighting conditions are essential for quick scanning.
Payments are executed through the "Payments" → "Enter" options. This can be done in two ways: Credit Suisse provides you with a list of recipients to whom you have made payments within the last 15 months. By selecting a recipient, you will see the corresponding payment type and all information from the last payment. This information can be edited and used for a new payment. You can also make payments to new recipients that are not on the list. Once you enter the recipient’s IBAN or account number in the input field, we will direct you to the relevant payment type and fill out as much of the information for the recipient’s bank and the recipient as possible.
You have the option of designating preferred recipients. Activating the star moves the respective recipient to the upper part of the list. That way, you always see your most important recipients first.
Yes, recipients can be deleted, allowing you to decide for yourself what information you wish to display. Once the data has been deleted, it cannot be recovered.
To keep the list permanently up to date, recipient information not used by you in the past 15 months is automatically deleted.
To register for electronic bills, please use our Online Banking or the Private Banking Switzerland app on a tablet. You may also select other billers there. The version for smartphones enables you to view bills and their details, and approve bills.
A QR (quick response) code consists of a matrix of black and white squares. It is easy for electronic devices to read, and can store any type of information. Smartphones and tablets have built-in cameras and come with software that makes it easy to scan and interpret QR codes, which continually expands their areas of application.
- A QR payment is a payment from bank account to bank account within Switzerland. The beneficiary’s information is transmitted using a QR code. This removes the need to enter the IBAN and beneficiary details manually.
- A QR payment is free of charge for both the sender and the beneficiary (exception: express payment)
- Credit Suisse places no limits on the number of QR payments or the amount of the transaction
- Payments can be made to any account at Credit Suisse and any bank account in Switzerland, provided the beneficiary’s bank offers QR payment
In order to execute the QR payment successfully, the following beneficiary information is stored in the QR code:
- Beneficiary’s name and address
No further information about the sender or the beneficiary is contained in the QR code.
- Using the express option (fees apply), you have until 14:00 on banking days to execute payments with orange payment slips, e-bills for domestic payments, or international payments (depending on the country and currency)
- You can make account transfers and domestic payments to recipients with an account at Credit Suisse until 21:00 on bank working days without an additional charge
Yes, every payment entered using the Private Banking Switzerland app can also be displayed and, if need be, edited in Online Banking.
Yes, every transaction using your Bonviva credit cards is displayed via the Private Banking Switzerland app. You can select individual entries and have additional details displayed.
Yes. When you are logged on, you can find this option under "More" → "Settings."
You will find the emergency telephone numbers for your Maestro card and for credit cards under "More" → "Contacts & Support.”
You can trade the following types of securities via the Private Banking Switzerland app:
- Mutual funds
- Call and put options
Market order: A market order is executed at the best bid or ask price available on the order book at the time of entry.
Limited order: With a limited order, the client sets a price for the purchase or sale of the securities.
On-stop order: Once the trigger price is reached, a stop limit order becomes a standard limited order. An on-stop order is a purchase order, which must be executed immediately when the security reaches a certain price level. As soon as the trigger price is reached, the order is executed at market.
Stop-loss order: A stop-loss order is a limited sell order. If the trigger price is reached, the order is converted into a market order and executed at the next best price.
Stop limit order: Once the trigger price is reached, a stop limit order becomes a standard limited order.
It is possible to enter a limit for investment funds that are traded in the secondary market (officially traded on a stock exchange). It is not possible to enter a limit for investment funds that are traded in the primary market (purchase/sale of a new issue, or issues/redemptions).
No, it can no longer be canceled using the Private Banking Switzerland app.
You can adjust a number of settings in the Private Banking Switzerland app. To do so, select the setting icon (gear wheel) at the top right. You can choose to have individual elements shown or hidden. For some elements, you can also determine which accounts / securities safekeeping accounts are displayed as well as selecting where they are placed on your screen. The settings you select will apply until the next time you change them. The settings you select apply separately for smartphones and tablets.
In Mobile Banking, this icon indicates the following:
- New e-bills
- Unread e-documents
- Payments pending approval
- Portfolio quality alerts*
By selecting the icon, you can see what area this notification falls under. Click on an item to go directly to the detailed information.
You can configure the push notifications feature to have us send notifications to your smartphone and/or tablet. For instance, you can be notified of entries on your account or of new e-documents without having to log in.
You can sign up for the following notifications:
- Account entries (with limit for credits and debits)
- Account balance (with upper and lower limits)
- Regular balance notification
- New e-documents (for all documents or for individual document types)
After logging in, you can find the settings for this feature here: More > Settings