Using Bonviva Credit Suisse TWINT
Whether at cash registers, in online shops, at vending machines, or with friends – with Credit Suisse TWINT, you can make convenient and secure payments with your smartphone. Bonviva introduces Credit Suisse TWINT and offers some tips on the best way to use it.
Since October 2016, it has been clear that the largest Swiss banks and SIX are relying on the mobile payment solution TWINT – based on the slogan "Together We're Stronger." "Now, we can collectively bundle our forces under one roof and develop the future TWINT app with even more momentum," said Thierry Kneissler, CEO of TWINT, at that time.
With Credit Suisse TWINT, the clients of Credit Suisse now have the option of paying with their smartphones. But that's not all – Credit Suisse TWINT offers many other advantages.
What functions does Credit Suisse TWINT offer?
Credit Suisse TWINT enables you to do the following:
- Make secure and convenient payments using your smartphone – at over 30,000 locations and in more than 1,000 online shops.
- Connect your Credit Suisse account directly. This gives you complete transparency because payments are debited immediately.
- Digitally store your customer loyalty cards, e.g. the Coop Supercard.
- Send money to friends and family easily, or receive money from them.
- Enjoy a wide range of benefits thanks to digital coupons and stamp cards.
Find out more about the features of TWINT.
Conditions for the Use of Credit Suisse TWINT
- A private client of Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd. with place of residence in Switzerland
- A Credit Suisse transaction account such as a private account or a current account for private individuals
- A valid contract for Credit Suisse Online Banking
- Login information (user ID and password) for your Credit Suisse Online Banking account
- Minimum age of 12
- A valid mobile phone number from a Swiss provider
- A smartphone running on either the iOS (iPhone 4S and iOS 9 or newer) or Android (Version 4.4 or newer) operating system
Three Tips on Credit Suisse TWINT
Under the menu item "More" > "Profile settings" > "Security," you can select under "Release of payment" up to what amount you can approve payments automatically. If the amount exceeds the limit you specified, you will need to confirm the payment once again. You can change this limit at any time.
Keep track of your spending
Under the menu item "Statement entries," you can see all your payments, including the amounts you have sent or received.
Give your transfers or requests a personal touch
Both the "Send money" and "Request money" functions allow you to attach a personal message or photo.
CHF 10 for You!
When you have made ten payments using Credit Suisse TWINT, you will receive a gift of CHF 10.
Here's how easy it is:
- Once you have registered, a stamp card will be automatically displayed in Credit Suisse TWINT.
- Activate the stamp card under the "Home" option in the menu.
- You will get a stamp for every payment of CHF 1 or more you make using Credit Suisse TWINT.
- Once you have collected ten stamps, you will receive a credit of CHF 10 in the stored Credit Suisse account.
The closing date for activation of the stamp card is likely to be July 15, 2017. Once the stamp card is activated, the ten payments must be made within 60 days. Please take note of the Terms of Participation.