You are here:
Credit Suisse (Lux) Global Robotics Equity Fund
Investing in an automated world
Against a backdrop of increased automation, a trend that is visible across many key industries, we are delighted to present the Credit Suisse (Lux) Global Robotics Equity Fund. The fund offers investors the opportunity to invest at an early stage of this long-term trend, through a highly focused investment solution.
Over the long term, the fund’s investment universe has outperformed both the MSCI World and MSCI World Small Cap indices, boding well for its future performance. Furthermore, given the fund’s concentrated and high conviction portfolio, it offers attractive alpha potential alongside a disciplined and transparent investment process, focusing on a concentrated portfolio of 30 to 60 stocks.
The fund will focus on three high-growth subthemes:
- Improving productivity ~40% of portfolio
- Improving quality of life ~30% of portfolio
- Performing dangerous tasks ~30% of portfolio
Within these themes, companies in which investments are made will have at least 50% of their sales attributable to robotics, automation, artificial intelligence or security.
For investors looking to add alpha potential
- Growing investment universe: An expanding and evolving investment universe opening up new opportunities for the fund.
- Thematic approach: The fund adopts a thematic approach with a focus on three high-growth subthemes.
- Pure player: Stocks with at least 50% robotics exposure.
- Highly focused: A concentrated portfolio of 30 to 60 small and midcap companies, with some exposure to emerging markets.
- Investment process: Bottom-up stock selection based on fundamental analysis.
- Highly experienced portfolio management team: With access to a unique global network of industry experts, allowing for superior analysis and assessment of potential investment opportunities.
- The emphasis on robotics companies can create significant exposure to certain sectors or regions.
- A slowdown in the global economy could have a significant adverse impact on the sector.
- As up to 40% of the fund’s assets can be invested in emerging markets, the political and economic risks in these countries may have an impact on the fund.
- Exposure to small and mid caps could cause some liquidity risk.
- In cases of significant in- or outflows, there might be a disparity in the value date among stocks from different countries, which can result in short-term currency exposure.
The information provided herein constitutes marketing material. It is not investment advice or otherwise based on a consideration of the personal circumstances of the addressee nor is it the result of objective or independent research. The information provided herein is not legally binding and it does not constitute an offer or invitation to enter into any type of financial transaction. The information provided herein was produced by Credit Suisse Group AG and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries (hereafter "CS") with the greatest of care and to the best of its knowledge and belief. The information and views expressed herein are those of CS at the time of writing and are subject to change at any time without notice. They are derived from sources believed to be reliable. CS provides no guarantee with regard to the content and completeness of the information and does not accept any liability for losses that might arise from making use of the information. If nothing is indicated to the contrary, all figures are unaudited. The information provided herein is for the exclusive use of the recipient. It may not be reproduced, neither in part nor in full, without the written permission of CS. Equities are subject to market forces and hence fluctuations in value, which are not entirely predictable. Credit Suisse (Lux) Global Robotics Equity Fund.:These funds are domiciled in Luxembourg. The representative in Switzerland is Credit Suisse Funds AG, Zurich. The paying agent in Switzerland is Credit Suisse AG, Zurich. The prospectus, the simplified prospectus and/or the Key Investor Information Document (KIID) and the annual and half-yearly reports may be obtained free of charge from Credit Suisse Funds AG, Zurich or from any branch of Credit Suisse AG in Switzerland. Copyright © 2016 Credit Suisse Group AG and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
Working in partnership is very important to us. We look forward to working with you.