"The Apprenticeship Program at Credit Suisse is a great opportunity to start a career with limited experience. My manager, mentors and team have been supportive throughout the journey; they helped me to gain technical skills and to understand the different business areas. I was given ownership of projects and have continued to expand my knowledge base (and comfort zone!)."
Our apprenticeships. Your opportunity.
Join a select cohort working in teams across the bank, honing existing skills, showing your talents and discovering new passions. You gain a broad work experience, supported by a mentor and buddy.
Your future is in your hands.
Make every choice count.
Our apprenticeships are specially designed to offer a balance of training, immersive work experience, networking opportunities and mentorship. As well as real-world tasks you study towards your chosen qualification, combining theory with practice.
You will complete this program with substantial work experience, an in-depth insight into global finance and a growing network of contacts. Once you've successfully completed your qualification, we hope you'll continue your career and professional journey with us in your chosen field.
You don't need any previous experience. Just the drive to succeed and the willingness to learn.
What will your apprenticeship be like?
We don't throw you in at the deep end. Our induction week is designed to build your confidence and help you settle in. Your days will be packed with exciting challenges and fun activities, including interactive icebreakers, tours of the building, internal and external training sessions, pointers on how to develop your personal brand and the chance to pick the brains of past apprentices and interns.
After the induction you join your team in your chosen field. For 20% of your working hours you study for your formal qualification with an external training provider. You apply the learning gained through workshops, lectures and coaching sessions to your day-job in real time. But it's not all work and study! There are social and philanthropy events, apprentice group projects, a senior speaker series and the opportunity to get involved with our employee networks – an incredible introduction to life at Credit Suisse.
Enjoy the benefits of a topflight apprenticeship
A cohort of apprentice colleagues across business areas
Support from buddies, mentors and employee networks
Industry and soft skills training
Involvement in wider projects and community events
Find the perfect apprenticeship in an area that matches your interest
"Entering the workplace as a 17-year old apprentice gave me the opportunity to focus my enthusiasm into learning how to operate in a professional environment. More importantly, it has given me the skillset that I am employing today at Credit Suisse."
Prerequisites. What you need.
While individual apprenticeship pathways may specify preferred A-Level (or equivalent) subjects, in general to be considered for our UK Apprenticeship programs you will need:
- to be a recent Year 13 school leaver who has attained A-Level (or equivalent) qualifications, or be currently completing your Year 13 qualifications
- to have completed GCSEs, including Mathematics and English with Grades C-A* (4 and above)
- to have lived in the UK for at least the last three consecutive years
Apply now for our apprenticeship programs
Now's the time to launch yourself into the world of work. Our apprenticeship program recruits from October, so here's how to apply.
As soon as an apprenticeship is advertised you can apply online. Please note that we can't consider any applications sent via email or mail.
Shine in your assessment and interview
Once we've reviewed all applications, we'll invite suitable candidates for a first round virtual interview. If successful, we'll invite you to join us at a virtual or physical assessment center. The final stage will comprise of an interview with senior management representatives.
After the interview you'll receive prompt feedback from us letting you know whether we can offer you an apprenticeship.
Documents. What you need for the application.
When you apply make sure you use our online portal as applications sent via email or mail will be returned unseen. Have the following documents ready to upload:
- Proof of GCSE and A-Level results
- Curriculum vitae
- Any other relevant diplomas or certificates
To make sure your CV stands out for all the right reasons, follow these suggestions:
- Put your contact details at the top (no need for a photo or date of birth)
- Keep the font and format simple and consistent
- 1-page is ideal; save the detail for an interview
- A 1-page cover letter can provide more information on you and your interests
- Always use reverse-chronological order
- Have someone proof-read your CV and upload as a PDF
- Keep your introduction short and avoid clichéd personal statements
- Grades must be accurate and will be checked
- Be clear which of your grades are predicted vs attained
- Use impact words to describe your contributions, like led, delivered
- Highlight extra-curricular activities and achievements that show your focus and ability to multitask
- Interests make for great interview topics so include 1-3 interests you can talk about
More about your future employer
Discover who we are and see what it feels like to work for one of the world's leading financial services providers.
Discover where our 45,000+ employees work around the world, and where we are looking for new colleagues.
Find out about the different job categories within our bank, how they operate, and which is the right one for you to make your mark.