Careers At Work
We offer a welcoming, collaborative work environment, and a flat organization that allows all of our employees to make an impact. We want our employees to follow their dreams and achieve their professional goals. Work with us and you’ll receive some of the best training in the industry, as well as continual support to help you build your skills, network and experience.
Training and Development
Our most important asset is our employees – and we’re deeply committed to their success. As a Credit Suisse employee, you’ll benefit from our robust approach to training and development, which includes:
- A variety of internships, full-time and graduate programs for students and recent graduates.
- Mentorship programs to provide guidance and support throughout your career.
- Opportunities for internal mobility – you can change roles, departments or countries.
- Regular reviews to gauge your skills and identify areas of improvement.
- A range of in-house training programs focused on personal effectiveness, leadership and management skills, presentation skills, and client coverage skills.
- A robust e-learning curriculum at your fingertips to enhance the skills you need most.
- Business and product training to help you enhance your skill set.
- Cross-divisional events that allow you to network with colleagues from other divisions, and hear from experts about our businesses and key transactions.
- Dedicated Talent Programs, which give our highest-potential employees the opportunity to accelerate their leadership development.
Do you want to learn more about how some of our employees have benefited from our training and development programs?
Discover opportunities for Students and Graduates.
Explore development programs and positions for Experienced Professionals.
Our emphasis on internal mobility enables employees to explore other divisions, roles or countries, and gain experience across other areas of the bank. It also allows us to develop leaders and specialists who can serve our clients across the globe.
Credit Suisse encourages you to speak openly about your internal career opportunities with your line manager and Human Resources.
We offer innovative programs to support the Internal Mobility culture within the business including Internals First, a groundbreaking initiative which takes roles to internal candidates, helping to create differentiated career paths. Career Forums are held across the globe which provide transparency around careers and career paths of different divisions and across the organization. Internal Mobility drives a culture of sharing talents across the organization.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of our business. Having employees with a broad range of backgrounds and perspectives benefits our company and our clients.
Our Diversity and Inclusion efforts include:
- A dedicated global Diversity team and opportunities to participate in diversity organizations within various regions.
- A variety of networks, affinity groups and diversity councils to engage and support all of our employee groups including women, LGBT people, under-represented minorities, veterans and people with disabilities.
Leadership training programs to help increase the number of diverse employees in senior level roles.
- Several dedicated diversity programs like our Mentoring Advisory Group (MAG) for Female professionals, and various Campus recruitment programs for students from diverse backgrounds.
- The Real Returns program, which is a program for senior professionals who are looking to restart their career after an extended career break.
As a global bank operating in today’s interconnected world, we take our responsibility to be good corporate citizens seriously. We strive to uphold high standards of professional and ethical conduct. And we consider not just the business implications of our actions, but also the broader economic, social and environmental impacts.
Our Corporate Responsibility efforts.
Swiss Home Market
We serve 100,000+ corporate and institutional clients in our Swiss home market. In 2017, we had around CHF 165 billion of loans outstanding in Switzerland, including mortgages and loans to businesses, the public sector and private clients.
We want the communities in which we do business to thrive. That’s why we’re dedicated to giving back through a variety of initiatives, including:
- Financial and volunteer assistance for initiatives focused on education, microfinance and environment and disaster relief.
- Paid time off to enable our employees to do community service.
- A unique Global Citizens Program, which allows employees to take up to three months of paid leave to volunteer in an emerging market country.
- An innovative nonprofit board training program for our employees.
In a world where the lines between work and life are increasingly blurred, we are committed to helping our employees find the right balance. We offer a modern work environment and flexible options that help you advance your career and enjoy your life.
Our employee benefits vary by country, but could include:
- Family-focused programs including maternity, paternity and adoption leave, childcare services and eldercare advice.
- Flexible work schedules and job-sharing.
- Opportunities for health and wellness programs, and internal fitness centers.
- Internal cafeterias and staff restaurants.
- Employee discounts on various products and services.
- Competitive compensation packages.