Celebrating International Women's Day. Promoting equality every day.
On International Women's Day (IWD) we celebrate women’s achievements. But one day is not enough. With awareness and openness, we can all choose to challenge ourselves to promote an inclusive, equal world – every day.
At Credit Suisse we welcome IWD as an important chance to celebrate women's contributions to society past, present and future, and also to reflect on our gender equity practices. We are committed to challenging inequality, improving women's access to opportunities, and providing flexible, safe, inclusive workplaces.
For IWD we will be encouraging conversations with clients, partners and external speakers that address ways to challenge inequality. Special initiatives like our wealth planning for women, self-branding in the financial world, and enabling challenging and Courageous Conversations will spotlight areas of opportunity to improve, and devise strategies to make concrete changes.
Find out other ways Credit Suisse promotes the role of women in general, and particularly in business:
Challenging inequality; working for inclusion
Having a diverse workforce and inclusive culture is quite simply the right thing to do for our people and society. And this strengthens our ability to generate better ideas, enhance our decision-making and better serve our clients.
We have been named on the Bloomberg Gender Equality index in 2021 and in 2019 our UK office was picked as one of The Times Top 50 Employers for women.
Here are some of the ways we put this commitment into action:
- Fostering an environment of open dialogue and evolution
- Encouraging networking and personal and professional development for women, for example through EMEA Women's Network, Women Connect initiative and Networks for Women
- Undertaking an annual strategic gender review to monitor our progress
- Using technology to reduce potential subconscious bias in recruitment
- Creating parental transition coaching to support parents embarking on and returning from parental leave
Global strategies for far-reaching change
Having a diverse workforce and inclusive culture is quite simply the right thing to do for our people and society. And this strengthens our ability to generate better ideas, enhance our decision-making and better serve our clients. Through a range of programs and projects in collaboration with global partners, we continue to promote women's equality:
Discover our international initiatives:
- Real Returns program – Set up in 2014 this exciting program supports professionals who have taken a career break to successfully get back into the workforce. Run in collaboration with Relaunch, Women Returners and the University of St. Gallen, this tailored program helps you return to work through challenging project tasks, training, mentoring and networking opportunities. Over 360 professionals have benefited from this program and 60% went on to obtain a permanent position at Credit Suisse.
- In 2016 we signed up to the Women in Finance Charter along with 330 other financial services organizations in the UK. We have pledged to support the progression of women into senior roles across our UK business.
- We support a range of global organizations working to improve gender equality, including Catalyst, the Center for Talent Innovation, Conference Board, INvolve, University of St. Gallen Benchmark Study for Banks and Insurances, the HubDot, TARGETjobs, the Credit Suisse Inspire program in partnership with Modern Muse in London, Women in Banking and Finance, Women on Boards, Singapore's Financial Women's Association, Women in Finance Asia, the Women's Foundation Hong Kong and Forte.
So, this IWD we can all continue to choose to challenge the status quo to make progress. We will also be recognizing the work that still needs to be done to effect gender equality and to ensure our ethos of inclusion and belonging is a lived experience for all our employees, stakeholders and clients.