Research Institute Thought Leaders
The Credit Suisse Research Institute is chaired by the Chairman of the Board of Credit Suisse, Urs Rohner, and managed by an Operating Committee from Credit Suisse’s research units from across the Bank. For its research agenda, it draws on eminent Senior Advisors as well as selected Credit Suisse researchers to provide advice, insight and guidance on global themes and trends.
Clients increasingly require global reach, local expertise and competitive products and services from the financial services industry. The Research Institute’s investigations are conducted with the goal to furnish clients across divisions and regions with an in-depth analysis of fundamental social, economic, scientific, environmental and demographic trends that are expected to impact global markets in the future.
The Institute’s Senior Advisors are characterised by their interdisciplinary backgrounds and networks across sciences, academia, business and the political arenas.
Malaysian entrepreneur, founder and Group CEO of Air Asia. He has received numerous awards, including the "CAPA Legend Award 2009 (Aviation Hall of Fame)" in recognition of his influential actions for directly shaping the way the aviation industry has evolved. Tan Sri Dr. Tony Fernandes has also been conferred several titles in Malaysia in recognition of his services rendered to the betterment of the nation and community. He is also a Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Swiss Re and former chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse Group. His research interests focus on global insurance activities and social and economic development. In 2005 he was elected to the Insurance Hall of Fame by the International Insurance Society for his substantial influence on the Insurance industry for the benefit of society.
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1990 to 1997. During his premiership, the British economy recovered from the 1990–92 recession to usher in one of the longest periods of economic growth in British history.
Professor at the Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley and member of the President Barack Obama's Jobs Council on Competitiveness. Her current research focuses on changes in the global economy, doing business in emerging market economies and US trade policy.
Former President of Mexico, currently Director of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization and professor in the field of international economics and politics at Yale University. He is recognized as a leading voice on globalization.
Credit Suisse Research Institute Team
- Oliver Adler, Head of Economic Research, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Loris Centola, Global Head of PB Research and Head IS&R Business Development, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Ric Deverell, Head of Global Fixed Income Research and Economics, Investment Banking
- Andrew Garthwaite, Global Equity Strategist, Investment Banking
- Giles Keating, Vice Chairman of IS&R and Deputy Global Chief Investment Officer, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Richard Kersley, Global Head of Equity Research Product, Investment Banking
- Michael Mauboussin, Head of Global Financial Strategies, Investment Banking
- Stefano Natella, Head of Global Equity Research, Investment Banking
- Michael O'Sullivan, CIO, UK & EEMEA, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Robert J. Parker, Senior Advisor of Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Tim Sprissler, Coordinator of the Credit Suisse Research Institute
- Markus Stierli, Head Fundamental Micro Themes, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Lucia Waldner, Head of the Credit Suisse Research Institute
- Jonathan Wilmot, Global Head Macro Research, Asset Management, Private Banking & Wealth Management