For Individuals & Families Invest for Residency
International and Significant Investor Visa
The Australian Federal Government introduced the Significant Investor Visa (" SIV ") in 2012 to provide high-net-worth individuals with the ability to apply for an Australian visa and permanent residence on the basis of a minimum investment in Australia of AUD 5 million for a minimum of four years.
The SIV is a component of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) run by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
SIV requires the applicant to invest at least AU$5million for a minimum period of four years in the following investments:
- At least $500,000 in eligible Australian venture capital or growth private equity (VCPE) fund(s) investing in start-up and small private companies. The Government expects to increase this to $1 million for new applications within two years as the market responds
- At least $1.5 million in an eligible managed fund(s) or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies
- A ‘balancing investment’ of up to $3 million in managed fund(s) or LICs that invest in a combination of eligible assets that include Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (subject to the 10 per cent limit on residential real estate)
Credit Suisse Private Banking Australia offers complying investment portfolios which meet the requirements stipulated by AUSTRADE and the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship. The "balancing investment" portfolios are managed by our experienced Australian Portfolio Management team.
Subject to satisfying government requirements, the visa provides work, travel and study rights to the applicant as well as their immediate family and dependent relatives.
Advantages of Investing in Credit Suisse Complying Investments Portfolios
- Credit Suisse is a trusted and reputable financial institution, having served the wealth management needs of families since 1856
- The portfolios are managed by an experienced Australian Portfolio Management team with a strong track record actively manages the balancing investment (60% of the SIV portfolio)
- Transparent fee structure with no upfront or exit fees charges (Credit Suisse does not accept any product commissions)
- Recommended list of funds that have undergone Credit Suisse due diligence screening
- Clients gain access to Private Banking products and services platform
For clients who are resident in Australia:
- Access to a multi-currency platform capable of holding all tradable currencies, including RMB, HKD, USD and Gold
- Access to Credit Suisse residential property lending facility*
For further information on how Credit Suisse can assist you in this process please contact us:
Phone: +61 2 8205 4275