Employer Flexibility & Health
Flexibility & Health
We place value on providing our employees with modern, flexible work environments and arrangements, because we are convinced that there is a connection between job satisfaction and employee health, motivation, and productivity. Credit Suisse also seeks to help employees achieve a healthy work/life balance and to combine their family and professional commitments.
In 2013, we issued a global policy on home working to confirm existing practice and to ensure that we accommodate our employees' differing ways of working without adversely affecting everyday business. In addition, the Smart Working concept has now been rolled out in certain business areas across our different regions. Launched in 2010 as a global strategic initiative, the Smart Working Program aims to deliver an attractive work environment that allows employees to choose their workspace based on their current needs and therefore supports flexible and mobile working. Around 14,000 staff now work in Smart Working environments in different regions.
Our Health Management, Competence Center Health Services, and Child & Elder Care Switzerland departments are our response to the ever-growing demand for a healthy and well-balanced working environment.
We therefore run a variety of courses in Switzerland, for example, that provide advice on health issues, nutrition, and stress management, as well as offering sports and exercise programs.
Many benefits are global in scope and are also available to partners and part-time employees. They are meant to help our employees combine their professional and personal commitments as effectively as possible:
- Flexible working arrangements, such as part-time positions, job sharing, compressed working weeks and home working
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Advice on personal, health and financial problems
- Since 2012, we have also offered support for employees in Switzerland who wish to care for sick or disabled relatives; this includes the provision of information and events, referrals to specialist support centers and advice on flexible working arrangements
- Employees in many regions are able to use emergency childcare service as well as additional support with their personal and professional well-being
- Nursing rooms for mothers
- Multi-faith prayer rooms
- A varied offering to promote employee health and well-being in the workplace, encompassing the areas of exercise, healthy eating, stress management and ergonomical workspaces
- Benefits such as pension provision and study grants