Flexibility and health
We want to provide our employees with modern, flexible work environments and arrangements. That's because we are convinced that there's a link between job satisfaction and employee health, motivation, and productivity. We also seek to help employees achieve a healthy work/life balance.
Credit Suisse offers its employees options such as part-time work, job sharing or home office to help them achieve a better work-life balance. Our office environment, which has been designed according to the Smart Working concept in many locations, allows employees to choose their workspace based on their needs at a specific point in time. Approximately 27,000 employees now work in Smart Working environments in our offices worldwide.
At Credit Suisse, we consider employee health and safety to be of the utmost importance, and we have internal policies in place to provide a safe office environment. Subject matter experts ensure that continuous safety improvements are made in line with local legal requirements. One example is the global Health & Safety Incident Reporting System, which considerably simplifies the evaluation of relevant statistics and thus supports the choice of appropriate accident prevention measures. In 2011, Credit Suisse became the first Swiss financial services provider to be awarded OHSAS 18001 certification (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series) for its operations in Switzerland. We successfully transitioned to the new OHSAS 45001 standards in 2021.
Corporate Health Management implements various measures in Switzerland to help employees strengthen their resilience in an increasingly challenging environment. In collaboration with various specialist units, we run cross-divisional national events aimed at maintaining and promoting employee health. Since 2018, national campaigns on topics such as mindfulness or mental health have been conducted in Switzerland. In addition, we have extended the paternity/adoption leave for the second caregiver for our employees in Switzerland from twelve to 30 days as of January 1, 2022. Maternity/adoption leave for the first caregiver is 26 weeks, of which 10 weeks can be used flexibly. Furthermore, in 2016, for the first time Credit Suisse in Switzerland was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label by Health Promotion Switzerland (Gesundheitsförderung Schweiz), demonstrating the successful implementation of our corporate health management framework. In 2019, Credit Suisse was recertified.
In consultation with various specialist units, we have developed several offerings that help our employees to combine their professional and private commitments as effectively as possible. Many benefits are global in scope and are also available to partners and part-time employees:
- Flexible working arrangements, such as part-time positions, job sharing, compressed working weeks and home working
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Advice on personal, health and financial problems
- We also offer support for employees in Switzerland who wish to care for sick or disabled relatives; this includes the provision of information and events, referrals to specialist support centers and advice on flexible working arrangements
- Employees in many regions are able to use emergency childcare service as well as additional support with their personal and professional well-being
- Nursing rooms for mothers
- Multi-faith prayer rooms
- A varied offering to promote employee health and well-being in the workplace, encompassing the areas of exercise, healthy eating, stress management and ergonomical workspaces
- Benefits such as pension provision and study grants