Credit Suisse Sports Awards: Congratulations to the Winners!
At the Credit Suisse Sports Awards, which took place on December 10, 2017, Roger Federer won the vote for Sportsman of the Year. Among the women, Wendy Holdener was crowned Best Sportswoman.
In the presence of prominent figures from the world of sports, politics, and business, the Credit Suisse Sports Awards for the best sportsman and sportswoman, coach, team, newcomer, and disabled sportsperson of the year were presented at the annual gala on Sunday evening.
The evening's winners were:
- Wendy Holdener (downhill skiing), Sportswoman of the Year
- Roger Federer (tennis), Sportsman of the Year
- Swiss National Team (soccer), Team of the Year
- Marcel Hug (athletics), Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Severin Lüthi (tennis), Trainer of the Year
- Nico Hischier (ice hockey), Newcomer of the Year
Credit Suisse has been the official title sponsor of the event, which is organized jointly with Swiss television and broadcast across the country every year, since 1997. The awards ceremony at the Credit Suisse Sports Awards is not only a highlight for the athletes; the gala broadcast regularly makes it to the top ranks of viewer ratings.