Media Release Press Release
Credit Suisse Private Fund Group forms Capital Solutions team
Capital Solutions will be led globally by co-heads Paul Van Hook and Jeremy Duksin; both are Managing Directors who have been with the Private Fund Group for over a decade. The team's leadership also includes Jonathan Abecassis, who oversees efforts in the EMEA and APAC regions, based in London, and has been with the firm since 2006; and Sameer Shamsi, who oversees Secondary Advisory activities in the Americas, based in New York. The Capital Solutions team was also pleased to add industry veteran Dirk Jonske as a Director in 2019.
Capital Solutions' component businesses, Secondary Advisory and Direct Placements, have been at the forefront of a dynamically changing private alternatives industry. Over the past decade, these advisory capabilities within the Private Fund Group have helped to pioneer numerous transaction categories, including:
- General Partner (GP) led continuation funds
- Private holding companies
- Syndicated direct and co-investment placements
- Fund-level preferred equity
- Mid-life co-investments and equity recapitalizations
- Financing solutions for GPs and management companies
- Manager and private portfolio spin-outs
- Whole fund liquidity transactions and recapitalizations
Since 2009, the Private Fund Group has advised on $48 billion in Secondary and Direct deal volume across 137 transactions. In the last two years, the pace of that advisory activity has meaningfully accelerated with the closing of a number of the industry's milestone deals, comprising over $12 billion of advised transaction volume in that recent period.